![]() |
| Soap Kills by Galbi |
Oftentimes in the beauty world - reviews are made on just bought products, whilst such reviews can be helpful to decipher if you want to fall into the new trends, more than likely the reviewer hasn't really got to grips with the product yet. Meaning that they don't know if an ingredient will break them out, if used regularly with one of their staples, or if the certain fragrance that at first appealed to them will make them want to vomit 4 weeks down the line. This is not to invalidate such reviews as they can be very helpful to showcase current opinions and pictures that help us all make up our minds if we should spend our energy (money + time) on them.
However, it's only when you're nearing the end of a product or finishing it when all the good questions begin to pass through the mind ...
Oh no, it's running out?! Should I buy it again? I can't wait to finish this! Why did I waste my money on this cr*p? I should have bought backups! Argh, when will it be on offer again? I don't care about the price I love it! Buying it again! The product is great but the packaging is rubbish! *Wails* It's discontinued!!? Hallelujah, it's in the trash!
... Now, I'd like to think of myself as a pretty solid individual (pats thighs) but not everything is set in stone so, just like everyone else my opinions can do and will change. Of course some things remain constant and there's nothing like finishing a product to make up a solid conclusion if you want to continue the partnership or part ways for good. In this post, I will be showing what I've nearly finished, products I've rebought, and the ones I'll finally be glad to ve rid of ... Where and when possible I have included other info like the ingredients and pricing, etc. but not for everything.
Welcome to my empties / nearly finished products ...
Kinda smells like honeyed bleach and it's not as moisturising as the first one I ever purchased (a decade ago). I like it but, I don't rate it. Ya get what I mean? Whilst it does moisturise my skin, it can leave me looking overly greasy looking. Despite the grease ball look it gives, I do like how it makes my skin feel but, because of the scent (bleach), I don't necessarily enjoy using it so, I think we will part ways for good but, I will reuse the glass jar.
Expiration 6 months (50ml)
Garnier Organic Detox Gel Wash (for Normal to Combination Skin)
Smells fresh herbal & lemony - cleans a bit too well, meaning it can strip and dry out my face especially if I don't quickly apply serums/moisturiser afterward. This was my second bottle and whilst I could see myself repurchasing this again (when it's on offer) because this is my 2nd purchase I've noticed that it can be a little too drying on a "bare" face but great to help remove makeup. I like that the ingredients are "organic" 12% (soil association certified) and 98% "natural". The packaging is 100% recyclable and I love the pump, packaging colour, and the whole vibe - it's just a tiny bit too drying for me.
Ingredients: Aqua, Sucrose, Coco-Betaine, Glycerin, Coco-Glucoside, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Xantham Gum, Cymbopogon Schoenathus Oil, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Water, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Glutamate, Arginine, Propanediol, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Salicylic Acid, Linalool, Eugenol, Limonene, Citral & Fragrance.
Made in Poland, Expiration 12 months (150ml)
Clarins Lip Comfort Oil Sample
I like the honey scent, how it looks and feels. The wand is very generous for such a cutesy sample and there's nothing bad I can say about the product. It's not sticky, it feels good, lasts a good while blah-da-blah ... I would be tempted to get the full size if I wasn't already swimming in lip glosses but, I am ... so I liked it while it lasted.
Ingredients: Polyglyceryl-2 Isostearate/dimer Dilinoleate Copolymer.linoleic Acid/propanediol Copolymer.Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil.corylus Avellana (Hazel) Seed Oil.prunus Insititia Seed Oil.vanillin.tocopheryl Acetate.parfum/fragrance.ammonium Glycyrrhizate.capsicum Annuum Fruit Extract.helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil.tocopherol.Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract.
Bought in a box set.
I wasn't quite sure what "buffet" was meant to do but, I checked online (right now), and apparently, its meant to help wrinkles. I don't necessarily have "wrinkles" but, I do have laugh lines (from decades of cackling) which I think this product helped. Regardless of its wrinkle-smoothing benefits, this is a nice serum that helps plump the skin and makes it feel soft, smooth, and fresh. It definitely feels like my skin is being pampered and despite it giving me a very dewy/greasy look I really enjoy using it on my face in the day or night time and carrying the product down onto my neck (prevention is better than cure). Would I repurchase? Maybe. The Ordinary has so many products that it's kinda hard to decipher what my work - I have heard good things about another product especially for darker skin (can't remember what it is right now though) but, I'll most likely get that before I buy this again.
Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Lactococcus Ferment Lysate, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Pentapeptide-18, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Palmitoyl Tripeptide-38, Dipeptide Diaminobutyroyl Benzylamide Diacetate, Acetylarginyltryptophyl Diphenylglycine, Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Glycine, Alanine, Serine, Valine, Isoleucine, Proline, Threonine, Histidine, Phenylalanine, Arginine, Aspartic Acid, Trehalose, Fructose, Glucose, Maltose, Urea, Sodium PCA, PCA, Sodium Lactate, Citric Acid, Hydroxypropyl Cyclodextrin, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Butylene Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, Acacia Senegal Gum, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Polysorbate 20, PPG-26-Buteth-26, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Benzoate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin.
Made in Canada, Expiration 12 months (30ml)
Garnier Organic Hydrating Mist (for Dry, Sensitive Skin)
I struggled to use this. It has a soapy light herbal washing-up liquid scent, it leaves a slight "foam" on the skin, and despite hydrating my skin/face with a very fine mist I didn't appreciate it for the longest time. Now it's nearing its end, I think I am just beginning to see the error of my ways ... Recently I've discovered that this mist is the perfect lazy spritz of hydration for my skin when I don't feel slathering on a moisturiser so instead of walking around looking stripped and dusty from my cleanser - I'll shower my face with this (+ if I can manage it apply a blob of moisturiser ) pat it in and then I have ... happy skin! Plus, I use it over makeup to refresh my skin from powders, etc.
Ingredients: Water, Hordeum Vulgare Water, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, Centaure Cyanus Flower Water, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Phytate, Arginine, Coco-Betaine, Propanediol, Capryl/Capryl Glucoside, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Salicylic Acid, Linalool, Limonene, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Salicylate, Fragrance.
Made in Poland, Expiration 12 months (150ml)
Garnier Micellar Water
This micellar water doesn't have a scent, it doesn't sting my eyes, and it removes general face and eye makeup relatively well. There are no heavy oils in the ingredient list so, it's not the best at removing waterproof eyeliner and budge-proof lipsticks but overall, I like it. Granted it's not my favourite micellar water to use for myself but, it's my happy fail-safe purchase when I either don't want to experiment with my skin or others as I know this product most likely will work with all skin types and get the job done. Plus, the price is amazing for the amount you get and I do think it's very similar to Bioderma as most skin types won't get a reaction to it and it has no scent.
Ingredients: Aqua, Water, Hexylene Glycol, Glycerin, Poloxamer 184, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Disodium EDTA, Myrtrimonium Bromide.
Made in Poland, Expiration 6 months (700ml)
Nivea Micellar Rose Care
A gel cleanser that doesn't foam much and cleanses the skin quite well. I liked it enough to make a repurchase when I ran out (didn't take me too long to finish) and whilst the packaging is different they both to the job (wash my face and remove a bit of makeup). It does sting my eyes if it gets into them but, this is a nice enough cleanser that doesn't cause my skin any problems. so I rebought it.
Ingredients: Aqua, Glycerin, Coco-Betaine, Coco-Betaine, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Glucoside, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer. Sodium Chloride, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Sodium Benzoate, Trisodium EDTA, Rosa Damascena Flower Water, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid Methyl Benzoate, BHT, Parfum.
Made in Germany, Expiration 12 months (150ml)
Arket Juniper Hand Balm
A fancy hand cream that smells, hydrates, and feels nice. The consistency and scent remind me of Nivea's classic cream (the one in the tin) but, the scent is not as pungent, and it's not as greasy. I like it but its a bit of a "treat" hand cream that I most likely won't purchase for a while + I find screwing the lid on a bit annoying.
Ingredients: Aqua, Conaloa Oil, Shea Butter, Ethyl Esters, Shorea Stenopatera Seed Butter, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, Cetyl Alcohol, Polyglyceryl-3 Dictrate/Stearate, Xylitol, Glycerin, Stearic Acid, Gossypium Herbaceum Seed Oil, Stearyl Alcohol, Cera Alba, Parfum, Avena Sativa Kernel Butyrospermum Parkii Seed Butter Extract, Mel Extract, Xanthan Gum, Glycine Soja Oil, Tocopherol Beta-Sisterol, Citric Acid, Squalene, Potassium Sorbate, Helianthus Annus Seed Oil, Sorbic Acid, Lecithin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Linalool, Limonene, Citronellol, Hexy Cinnamal, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Eugenol, Citral, Coumarin.
Made In Sweeden, fragrance from France, Expiration 12 months (50ml)
Cien Hand Cream
Overall opinion = it's okay. Basically, it's the "poor" man's/woman's/blobs Aveeno hand cream. I haven't bought an Aveeno hand cream yet, but I have sampled it from others, and its nice (maybe not £5 worth of nice but nice enough). So I was expecting a good dupe but Cien is definitely not as rich in texture as the product it tries to emulate but, it still does the job (so there are no complaints there) but that doesn't make it any less boring. Yes, it moisturises but there's no pizazz!
Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Petrolatum, Paraffinum Liquidium, Dimethicone, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Flour, Lactic Acid, Ceteareth-20, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
Expiration 12 months (75ml)
Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-up Remover (for all skin types)
This is a great makeup remover for budge-proof liquid lipsticks and eyeliners. Nivea removers are perhaps one of my favourite makeup remover brands as they don't sting my eyes or dry them out like other removers do, plus they're inexpensive and effective. I rebought this when I was able to so, yeah I like it - I just wish there was a bigger size.
Ingredients: Aqua, Isododecane, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dimethicone, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Helianthus Annus Seed Oil, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside, Sodium Chloride, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol. Benzethonium Chloride CI 60725, CI 61565.
Made in Germany, Expiration 6 months (125ml)
I really love this oil. It has a pleasant lavender scent (surprisingly since I don't really like lavender) and this oil manages to nourish the skin without being greasy - magic! I used it mainly at night to lazily replenish my skin after it was cleansed and in mini sporadic facial massages - this is a great soothing oil than many people who don't like "oils" will most likely appreciate. I bought it on offer and I'm planning to get it again at the great price of £7.99. Oh, and the packaging is great (made of glass) and reusable.
Made in Germany, Expiration 18 months, RRP £11.99 (3oml)
Premium Rose Water
I bought this to basically tone my skin but, it ended up being using it to take makeup off before washing my face (soften the process). Surprisingly it did help break down my makeup removal in a gentle way and since it was a huge bottle it lasted a long while. I might get it again since I did like the gentle rose scent but it's not really necessary as I do have an actual toner that I need to use currently.
Ingredients: Water, Propylene Glycol, Rose (rose Damascena Flower) Oil, Parfum, Phenoxyethanol, Decylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Citronellol, Linalool, Geraniol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.
Made in the UK, Expiration 24 months, £2.49 (500ml)
There are many great things at Lidl, one of them being this shower gel which is extremely inexpensive, doesn't irritate my skin, and smells pleasant. There are other scents but this is my favourite.
Ingredients: Aqua, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Benzoate, PEG-7, Glyceryl Cocoate, Parfum, Citric Acid, Coco-Glucoside, Glyceryl Oleate, Polyquaternium-7, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Alcohol, CI 17200, CI 60730, Tocopherol, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides Citrate, Lecithin, Ascorbyl, Palmitate.
Expiration 12 months (300ml)
The scent reminds me of Noxzema and it has the same"cooling/refreshing/tingling" feeling too. Despite the tingling sensations, it's a very gentle creamy cleanser that doesn't foam or strip my skin. Out of all the facial cleansers I have this is the least drying and perhaps the most luxurious feeling. Although the sensation isn't unpleasant (it doesn't burn) I kinda wish that the "placebo" effect wasn't in the product but, I do like it so I may just get it again especially to cleanse my skin after I removed makeup.
Ingredients: Water, Cetyl Alcohol, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Salicylic Acid, Polysorbate 60, Steareth-21, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Xanthum Gum, Menthol, BHT, Parfum, Benzyl Salicylate, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool.
Made in Frace, Expiration 12 months (150ml)
I love this shade and the formula is soft, creamy, and inexpensive too! So, whenever I'm stocking up on Korean beauty products and this is in stock - if I can, I'll stock up.
Made in Korea
Primark Lip Exfoliator
Meh, it happened ... It's a typical big flaked sugar scrub that broke too soon. It came in a duo - with either the burning lip plumper (which also broke) or a big lip balm (that I still have). I don't think this is still available at Primark (they always change their range) but, I wouldn't recommend it anyway.
Made in China, Expiration 12 months (3.4g/0.11 oz)
Whilst perfume oils don't necessarily expire I do think that they can possibly change over time like most perfumes so, lately, I have been taking out the roller ball to many of the perfume parlour oils I have and adding them to wax melts and bath/showers to enjoy the fragrances in their true form before they might turn. Quick top for anyone who wants to use up or extend their enjoyment of their perfume oils.
I love the smell of this! It has a salty oceanic smell and a dry feel on the skin - the main purpose of this product is to relieve tired muscles *puts down 2kg weights* and improve elasticity, etc. I bought this lotion to help with back pain (badminton is a rough spite-filled game) and I think it does help but I also love the scent. It does leave my skin very salty (magnesium chloride = a salt compound) so don't lick your hands after applying it (lol) or apply it on broken skin (ouch!). This lotion leaves a powdery softness to my skin, and I feel like it can help ease pain (maybe it's psychological), and once again I love the scent. I am going to buy from this range again but, I think I'll try the body butter for more moisture as the lotion is a bit light.
Ingredients: Water, Magnesium Chloride, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Isononyl Isononanoate, Shea Butter, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Coconut Oil, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Benzyl Alcohol, Sodium Benzoate, Fragrance, Xanathum Gum, Tocopherol, Dehydroacetic Acid. Citric Acid, Butylphenyl Methylpropinal, Benzyl Salicylate, Coumarin, Linalool, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hexyl Cinnamala, Limonene, Hydroxycitronellal, Vanilla, Planifolia Fruit Extract.
Made in Britain, Expiration 12 months (180ml)
Smells like sweet-salty almonds. The cream is quite hydrating for the skin. I do find I need to work it into the skin to reap the benefits so it's not a cream I can quickly apply and go, or for really dry stripped skin. I'd suggest incorporating this into a regular body routine to reap the benefits and at times when you can really take the time to pamper yourself and work it in.
Made in UK, Expiration 24 months (300ml)
Has little beads in it (I thought they were banned?). This cleans nicely and I think this is the gentle one. Has a clean scent I like but the beads sometimes don't wash off well.
Made in the United Arab Emirates, 12 months (100ml)
Bio Glow Brightening Face Wash
Has a pearlescent finish which apparently is meant to make this gentle. I'm not sure if this was the harsher one of the "Bio Glow" but one of them burned my eyes and dried my skin out terribly. I think this is the one but I'm not sure ... Oh and yeah I used up both because I don't like to waste products and in minute dosages the drying factor wasn't so bad.
Has a pearlescent finish which apparently is meant to make this gentle. I'm not sure if this was the harsher one of the "Bio Glow" but one of them burned my eyes and dried my skin out terribly. I think this is the one but I'm not sure ... Oh and yeah I used up both because I don't like to waste products and in minute dosages the drying factor wasn't so bad.
Made in the United Arab Emirates, 12 months (100ml)
This conditioner smells nice like a sweet boozy liqueur, but it's more of a detangler than a great hydrator for my hair and it didn't work for the initial reasons I bought it (to protect my hair from pool chlorine). However, it works as a light detangling moistuiser for my hair. Despite herbal essences newer conditioner not measuring up to the OLD formula I really loved, I still enjoy trailing the conditioners to rinse my hair, and whilst it's very unlikely I'd buy this formula/scent again I have a soft spot for the brand and I always think one day they will get it right again.
Made in France, Expiration 12 months (400ml)
Beauty Formulas Illuminating Moisturising Cream
This cream hydrates my skin to the point of "normal" level and nothing above that. Despite its "illuminating" description, this cream no matter how much I use it doesn't leave my skin extremely dewy or shiny, in fact, it gives a revived look to the skin but a matte finish. It has a light pleasant scent (mildly citrus) and its very inexpensive. It's a no "nonsense" product - meaning that I don't think it does anything special other than balancing the skin - if it's too dry it will hydrate it to a normal level and if it's oily it will balance out the oil. I like it but, at the moment I do like moisturisers that do something a little more "special" to the skin but when I see it for the 3rd time I'm almost certain I'd purchase it again because it's such an easy moisturiser to use and has caused me no problems. In fact, I think this could be a mainstay when I get my act together because it does leave my skin smooth and soft it's just that currently, I need a little more TLC than it prepared for.
This cream hydrates my skin to the point of "normal" level and nothing above that. Despite its "illuminating" description, this cream no matter how much I use it doesn't leave my skin extremely dewy or shiny, in fact, it gives a revived look to the skin but a matte finish. It has a light pleasant scent (mildly citrus) and its very inexpensive. It's a no "nonsense" product - meaning that I don't think it does anything special other than balancing the skin - if it's too dry it will hydrate it to a normal level and if it's oily it will balance out the oil. I like it but, at the moment I do like moisturisers that do something a little more "special" to the skin but when I see it for the 3rd time I'm almost certain I'd purchase it again because it's such an easy moisturiser to use and has caused me no problems. In fact, I think this could be a mainstay when I get my act together because it does leave my skin smooth and soft it's just that currently, I need a little more TLC than it prepared for.
Ingredients: Aqua, Cetyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Ceatreth-20, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearate SE, Caricia Papyay Fruit Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Fruit Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Parfum (Fragrance), Sodium Polyacrylate, Cetyl Stearate, Isostearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylgylcerin, Sodium Levulinate, Potassium Sorbate, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Limonene, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone.
Made in the UK, 12 months - Price: £1.99
I love this scent! It reminds me of being a child and yes I'm black and yes I know the stereotype but I don't care it smells so good! Now despite the smell, I know it's not particularly hydrating to the skin (my feet and elbows can testify to the fact) so, I often use it on top of a body moisturiser or on areas that don't need so much moisturising and on any scratches, etc. Sometimes, I might apply it to my face and lips when I'm indoors and want something to lightly "seal" my skin with - surprisingly it doesn't leave my face visibly greasy, and if its a very cold day I might walk outside with this on as a bit of a wind protector.
Made in USA, 24 months - £3.65 (100g / 3.5 o.z)
... The end for now - putting items in the trash/recycling never felt so good :)
What products have you finished?
Any rebuys?
How long does it take you to like, love, or dislike a product?
Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated!
Tale Care, Keep Well & Stay Safe

0 Yorumlar