Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Tried and Tested - Daiso $2 Makeup & Save or Splurge | Daiso $2 Tweezers vs. Tweezerman

I have been very reluctant to tweeze my own eyebrows for years until I got far too irritated by my stray eyebrows sometime last year, then I finally took action.

You see, I have been getting my eyebrows plucked by a beautician monthly since about 6 years ago, so I never quite see the need to tweeze it on my own.

Also, I never quite had the courage to pluck my own eyebrows. I have tried a few times before, but found it just too painful and ineffective.

I have bought a couple of Tweezerman tweezers, but those still don't work. I still find tweezing really painful. But at least, no one can accuse me of using lousy tweezers.

(I am not sure if what I am saying really makes sense.)

So how did I manage to tweeze my own eyebrows in the end? Read on to find out.

Daiso Tweezers
Bought at Daiso for $2. This one comes in a pair, one thick (the one you see in photo below) and one thin (I don't use that).

This one that I've got is the horizontal one, not those slanted ones that Tweezerman makes.


I bought this because my beautician told me that she uses a horizontal tweezer to pluck my eyebrow. She strongly advised me to get the horizontal one for myself so that I can clear the tiny stray hairs that ruins the eyebrow shape she does for me. So I don't have to cut my own brow shape; she will do it for me once a month, but I can trim away the excess that grow out between the monthly sessions.

She says that the trick to plucking eyebrows is to get a tweezer that closes up well - the horizontal edges closing tight and closing exactly on each other.

And the next trick is to pull the hair IN the direction of growth so that you wouldn't feel pain. True enough, I always do this, and I guarantee you, it's not painful at all!!!

It's only pain when i) you pull in the wrong direction, or ii) you pinch your skin. But with this Daiso horizontal tweezers, I never pinch my skin!

The strangest part is that the slanted Tweezerman tweezers are simply not as good. I really dislike those because the slanted edges makes me position my hand in a way that I can't really see the hair in the mirror, so I pinch my own skin.

I have both the normal size and the mini Tweezerman tweezers, and I dislike both of them. I do agree that they are really sharp and precise, but that's about it. I just don't like the slanted edge.

I guess, the slanted or horizontal edge is a very personal preference. So I wouldn't say the Tweezerman is not good, but rather that I can do perfectly fine with a $2 Daiso one! And comparatively, that means the Daiso one wins hands down because of the price.

Rating for Daiso Tweezers: 5/5!
Does the job perfectly. Incredibly affordable.

Save or Splurge? Definitely save and get a Daiso tweezers!
It's Japan stainless steel.

Do you use a branded pair of tweezers? Do they work for you?

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar